Monday, February 6, 2012

Me, Myself, and I

First thing I want to start with is talking about is myself. I want to start out with me because this topic is about me personally so I think I should talk about what I think, what I believe, and my views. I would consider myself as a very open-minded and accepting person I like to meet different people and experience new things. I like tattoos and piercings (hoping to have more in the future) and the different things people can create with their own bodies. I love different cultures and experience what other people know and can teach me and others. Basically I'm just reinforcing the fact I accept different things, beliefs, and people. However in the 19 years I have lived on this world it has been difficult to express myself and do the things I wanted to do coming from a strict Hispanic Roman Catholic religious family.
One example---In this day and age tattoos and piercings are everywhere and I indeed am a body modification lover. I love it all and hope to have a lot of them in the future but in my family it is defiantly taboo and despised. And in my family and many other "old school" families it is seen as something only criminals or gang members would have which we all know that the stereotype is false but they still it to be true. That's is just one example about my family and their close minded heads which I will again go more in detail in a future post.

1 comment:

  1. Your topic is close to my heart because, when I was a 21-year-old college student, I got a tattoo. I called my mom (big mistake!) and told her about it, and right before she hung up on me and disowned me (for two weeks), she called me all sorts of names, equating me with truckers, prostitutes, and the like. For a tattoo. For about 10 years after, every single time we would meet she would mention the name of a plastic surgeon friend of hers who would help get rid of my small tattoo. I declined. And she got over it. But then again, that was half my life ago!

    Hang in there. I am interested in hearing more about your interests in body modification, about how you were raised, and about how you're managing a traditional family with modern interests.

    ReplyDelete